Talk

Advanced search

DD has lost her confidence at Nursery

(5 Posts)
LittleLegs24 Tue 11-Jan-11 12:17:22

Hi all,
i have a problem, i picked my DD up from nursery yesterday and one of the teachers pulled me aside and ask "is everything ok at home" Which panicked me straight away confused Obviously everything is fine - she a hapy little girl at home.

They tell me DD has lost her confidence.
In the last year she has had two cousins born - two of her favourite teachers at nursery left and her two favourite friends left nursery on the same day.

lots of things happening in the last year.

I'm just worried about her, i don't want her to be sad but is this my fault? sad

WildhoodChunder Tue 11-Jan-11 12:43:53

How old is she? Is she okay at drop-off and pick-up time?

LittleLegs24 Tue 11-Jan-11 13:39:00

She is three - four at the end of May.

She has been since she started going at one. but these last few weeks she become very upset when i leave her at nursery.

she is fine when i pick her up - playin nicely - still plaing when i try to get her coat on.

just feel awful leaving her there when
she is so upset.

K x

freshmint Tue 11-Jan-11 13:41:11

Maybe it is the nursery that is a problem, not home? Her favourite teachers have left... but what are the new ones like? Maybe she is no longer happy there... maybe it is time for a change?

WildhoodChunder Wed 12-Jan-11 14:38:34

DD was 18 months and had a phase of hating nursery (but being fine by pick-up time). It passed and she was fine after about 8 long, long weeks. Nearly pulled her out because of it, but she loves it again now. Do 3yr olds get separation anxiety phases?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now