Talk

Advanced search

3 wk old DS is very sleepy. WWYD?

(3 Posts)
ReshapeWhileDamp Mon 10-Jan-11 14:14:49

I don't think he's outside the normal range of behaviour but I'm not sure. DS2 is just a very sleepy boy. He has periods of wakefullness, where he likes lying in his basket and looking at a graphic book, or up at the light, or on the floor on a baby gym, or just on my lap at me! But generally only a couple of these brief periods a day. THe rest of the time he is asleep or feeding. He is breastfeeding every 2 hours or so (mostly - he has gone 3 hours without a feed, I think) and getting wet nappies, so I'm not too worried he's not getting enough, but there again, sometimes he's just too sleepy for a 'proper' feed. confused He's just had a very half-hearted suck and is back in the basket, zonked.(He sleeps for 2-3 hours at night too, in bed next to me, though has occasional 3 hour unsettled periods where he has painful wind.)

DS1's newborn behaviour is lost in the mists of sleep deprivation, but I'm pretty sure he wasn't like this. DS2 didn't have a medicalised birth, no drugs etc, so he's not sleeping that off. Should I just enjoy it? grin

TrappedinSuburbia Mon 10-Jan-11 14:20:56

Enjoy!
My ds was like this as well, was great!

crazygracieuk Mon 10-Jan-11 14:33:17

Yes!!

Are you crazy??

Lol! Give it a couple of weeks and you'll be wondering if he'll ever go to sleep.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: