Talk

Advanced search

Forgotten how to suck her thumb?

(3 Posts)
poppy283 Fri 07-Jan-11 12:11:35

DD is 4.5 months and sucked her thumb from 10 weeks, and this is how she would fall asleep - very peaceful and easy.
It seems the excitement of Christmas has caused her to forget how to do it (?) and she now needs feeding to sleep at nap and bed times.
Has anyone else experienced this? Please tell me she'll go back to sucking her thumb!!

hettie Fri 07-Jan-11 15:03:57

we did- turns out ds had thrush in his mouuth (with out me having it in breasts so no pain for me to pick up on). The thrush made his mouth sore and put him off sucking his thumb, after it went he was a bit reluctant to take it up again (which panicked me a bit as he was a horror to get to sleep without it) BUT he did go back to it after a week or so. Friends dd stopped at around her first tooth as she made her thumb so sore, never went back to it....

poppy283 Fri 07-Jan-11 20:46:02

Thanks Hettie, I'll check for thrush, but she's now moved on to sucking her finger (not as satisfying by the looks of it!)
I gave her a dummy earlier which she loved, I don't love it but if it makes her happy!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: