Talk

Advanced search

20 month old not sleeping

(3 Posts)
Loulamummy Tue 04-Jan-11 17:56:07

My DS has never slept very well, partly because he was in the habit of waking around 1am wanting to come into the bed, and once in the bed we were squashed into a small space. I have just managed to get him to stay in the cot all night, but he wakes every hour or two and asks for his duvet to be put back over him, or just needs a tiny bit of comforting to go straight back to sleep. If I don't appear, he wakes up fully then it takes much longer to get him off. I need to get him out of this habit. Any ideas?

MaybeTomorrow Tue 04-Jan-11 19:43:56

Have you tried using a grobag? That will eradicate the duet problem at least. Our DD has always had one but I don't know how easy it will be to start using one at 20 months. Most places sell them these days.

Sorry if you've already tried that!

Loulamummy Tue 04-Jan-11 20:57:49

He used to have one and I did think of putting him in one again, but he is really attached to his duvet and will insist on having it in the cot. Thank you though, it was a good thought

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: