Talk

Advanced search

BATH TIME FEAR

(5 Posts)
tiredbutlearning Tue 04-Jan-11 14:15:34

Hi,

My DD is 14 months old and a superstar but not when it comes to bath time. The sound of the bath runnin sends her into tears. Dont even go to hairwashing!!!

If we get in with her its a bit better but still refuses to sit down and wont stop screaming when we wash her hair.

Please help....

Justalittlereindeer Tue 04-Jan-11 15:07:19

My DD (17 months) has been bathing standing up for a good 4-5 months.

We do the bare minimum of hair washing, and I've stopped bothering with shampoo for the time being as it was just elongating the stress for her.

We're just trying to go with it, and figure she'll come around in time if we keep it relaxed and as stress free as possible.

aPixieInMyCaramelLatte Tue 04-Jan-11 19:04:47

My ds1 used to have a bath every night because he loved it and then all of a sudden turned into a nightmare with it.

I stopped bathing him for about 2 weeks, just stood him at the sink before bed and washed him over with a flannel.

Then started running a bath on a Wednesday as a play bath, so no washing of his hair (Loads of it)and no expectations, just let him play and stand up (He wouldn't sit down either)Once he got used to that and was ok to sit down I introduced the sunday night bath where he does have to have his hair washed. I got the goggles out and made it into a game. He still cries when having his hair washed but no-where near as bad as it was.

Now he's ok again. We've still only stuck to 2 baths a week with wipe down's inbetween but he's started to enjoy it again now.

I also, when I have a shower, run the bath a bit and let him sit in and play whilst I'm having a shower then just rinse him off before he gets out. He's been enjoying that as well.

tiredbutlearning Tue 04-Jan-11 19:27:42

I tried the idea of just letting her stand tonight with no expectation of anything..all the toys where in the bath too...and she SAT DOWN!!!!

I like the idea of play bath and the goggles......

fingers crossed......lets see how it goes...

thank you for your advice.

xx

TheHappyCamper Tue 04-Jan-11 20:16:56

Try those foam letters that stick to the bath sides or tiles when wet. Wilkos do them for £2. My DD (21 months) is a bit of a stander-upper but when she starts playing wih the letters she forgets and finds herself sat down!

As for the hair washing, I am expert in one cup to wet it, then shampoo, and 3 cups to rinse max! I think you can get a cup with a visor attached to the front but haven't tried it myself! or you can get special visors - just google "hair washing visor kids"

We also do a lot of rubber duck counting and lining them up on the side of the bath while singing "5 little ducks!" grin

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: