Talk

Advanced search

VERY frustrated baby - please help!

(7 Posts)
dolster Mon 03-Jan-11 11:32:07

My DD is 8 and a half months and she has been a screaming wreck for the last 3 weeks or so. At first I was trying my very hardest to 'go with the flow' but I'm getting quite depressed about it. She's normally an easy baby - plays independently and sleeps well, smiles a lot etc. But she's just been SO cross this past month. I put it down to wanting to crawl (she's also had a cold and a bit of teething). She just seems desparate to be on the move. Has anyone else had a very grissly, frustrated baby, desparate to be mobile? Our neighbours complained yesterday because she was crying so much....

happygilmore Mon 03-Jan-11 12:03:38

have you tried calpol/nurofen etc to see if it helps? Perhaps teething is causing her a lot of pain?

dolster Mon 03-Jan-11 12:10:05

Yes, we've tried both! doesn't seem to make a whole lot of difference so I think it must be a behavioural thing.

joy56 Mon 03-Jan-11 18:15:34

oh dear. poor you. I totally sympathise as we had the same with my little girl. THe good news is that she soon got to discover commando style crawling and is much less whingey now. How mean of your neighbours to complain. As if it isnt hard enough. I had a similar siuation when I was trying to crack daytime naps. A random knocked on my door and said (is that your baby crying). I was speechless. IF its any consolation, it really does pass quickly (you may be coming out the other side now. Unfortunately, my little girl now shouts and demands to be held on her feet the whole time. Good luck with it x

dolster Mon 03-Jan-11 19:33:18

Thanks Joy, that's really reassuring - exhausting isn't it? My DP who is normally more patient than me needed time out from her today. Poor little DD - we're trying to be calm and patient but she's driving us nuts!

mousesma Mon 03-Jan-11 19:47:10

We had a similar recent situation with DD when she was learning how to roll. She would get so angry when she couldn't do it and recently she has become irritable about crawling too. I think all you can do is leave her on the floor as much as possible until she has mastered it.

Cheeky buggers though your neighbours!

Casseopeia Mon 03-Jan-11 19:55:52

Just wait - in a week or two she will get the hang of crawling and all the frustration will dissipate! My 11mo just went through what you describe, at the same time too. Now he's very happy to be able to explore his surroundings. It's all going to get a lot better real soon!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: