Talk

Advanced search

Teething/ separation anxiety/rolling? Any tips for getting through it?!

(6 Posts)
Mae34 Sun 02-Jan-11 12:19:22

I know this is a bit like a current post but I didnt want to highjack...

DD is 7 months or so and has her top two teeth coming through, has just learnt to roll and sit up on her own and has had a disruptive Xmas period (away from home, lots of visitors etc etc)...Plus I was wondering if shes getting separation anxiety as she has gone from 2 night feeds and back in her own cot to refusing to sleep anywhere but attached to me and screams inconsolably if I refuse or try to settle her any other way...

Should I just go with the flow and hope she comes through this? I feel like she has lots going on but am worried about getting into unsustainable habits...And I'm finding it hard having her attached all night so DH and I keep arguing about it (he thinks feed her, I get cross about going back to what seems like new born behaviour)

thanks! grin

reikizen Sun 02-Jan-11 12:28:32

I'm a go with the flow kind of parent. Any attempt to over-analyse or impose order on very small babies ends in tears (yours not theirs!)

Mae34 Sun 02-Jan-11 12:43:40

Yeah - I suspect youre right! Resistance is futile...

SMc11 Sun 02-Jan-11 21:36:27

I have the opposite view, I always feel we cause them to get into bad habits, its not their fault but rock them to sleep etc and thats what they come to expect! I think most babies stop feeding through the night about 7 months, but I guess they are all different! I know what your going through with the teething!My son is cutting his top two at the moment and is a nightmare day and night! It sucks! Found something cool though on the web, its called GUMIGEM, cannot remeber the website but do a google search, wont help with the teething but made me smile and got one and he loves it!

Whatever you decide to do, will be right for you, someone once said to me with babies everything is a phase, the good and the bad! Good luck!

Mae34 Mon 03-Jan-11 10:24:09

Thanks SMc11 - am trying to remember "this too will pass"!
x

trixie123 Mon 03-Jan-11 19:09:04

We tended to go with the "get through this then worry about the bad habit" thing. DS was an angel at night until he was 13 months and then we had 2 months of really disturbed nights, teething, illness, sep. anx etc. We fed him if necessary (which he hadn't needed since about 4 months), rocked, even co slept which I HATE and then had to do about 2-3 nights of controlled crying to get him back into the habit of sleeping all night in his own cot. These things DO upset them and just like us, they sometimes can't sleep without some props.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: