Talk

Advanced search

Bad Wind Waking My 9 Month Old....

(5 Posts)
AJS32 Tue 28-Dec-10 21:16:55

Has anyone experienced this situation....my baby goes to sleep well after his bottle of formula and then about an hour later he wakes up in pain, screaming and kicking. We try to comfort him and notice that he'll do a big fart and this seems to relax him a little. This has been happening every night for the last week or so, but we noticed it's getting worse. Heard it might be baby reflux, which he has never suffered from before...can anyone help? Thanks!

ThisIsYourSong Tue 28-Dec-10 22:02:38

If it were reflux, I think it would have started long before now. Has anything changed in his diet? Could he be constipated? Any recent stomach bugs? (as this can cause a temporary lactose intolerance)

You could try Dentinox colic drops or Infacol (a magic potion for us) before the last feed of the night to see if this helps him get the wind out before he goes down.

thisisyesterday Tue 28-Dec-10 22:05:40

agree that reflux probably wouoldn't start so suddenly, esp at his age

have you changed his formula? has he always had it?

AJS32 Tue 28-Dec-10 22:30:36

Thanks for the responses....not changed the formula or his diet, however he did have a recent stomach bug, but that was early December. Would a lactose intolerance only show up at night? Other things that have changed is that he is pooing more, about three times a day, however they seem to be normal.

ThisIsYourSong Tue 28-Dec-10 22:52:46

I don't think a lactose intolerance would only show up at night. Does he have his bottle directly before bed? If so, maybe bring it forward by half an hour, so that the wind has more time to come up. Otherwise try the drops or some gentle massage before you put him down. Poor thing, trapped wind is so painful for them.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: