Talk

Advanced search

Pre-Teen angst !

(1 Post)
3children Wed 22-Dec-10 15:59:51

Grrr....anyone else out there ready to cancel xmas due to their pre-teen attitude/ungratefullness/terrible all round attitude in general ?
Am at wits end ! Im a mother of 3, an experienced childminder and a qualified practitioner to boot, so you would think some where down the line I might just have all the answers to my 11 year olds behaviour.

1) Do I manage his behaviour positively ?
Answer to self : I try....wink In all my years as a parent I havent resorted to smacking but I'm about ready to launch him....no physical abuse intended, am having a "thought process" and a negative one at that !
2)Do I counteract his cheeky attitude positively ?
Answer to self : Of course ! No playgroungd tactics here lol No "You said, well I said, Do as youre told, Shut up, Get out of my sight.....hmm here....well not much...well perhaps...oh okay pretty much always after at least 15 mins angst...am such a failure on this level, lots of juvenile retorts from me...you'd think I'd learn lol

Having had lots of experience and workings of the under 8s Im thinking how the hell do I deal with this anger, resentment from him. I wouldnt say he's a juvenile or even terrible but god he's wearing thing on the pleasantness. I appreciate and respect that all kids are individuals and I dont want to pigeon hole him or resort to labelling him as a difficult child, but I seriously seem to lack the upper hand in his defiance in backing down or letting go in something that displeases him.....aaargh.....help !

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now