Talk

Advanced search

Playing at the sink... again... groan!

(4 Posts)
littletinkers Wed 15-Dec-10 21:12:24

Hi

My twins are obsessed with playing with water at the sink... pouring water from cups into bowls, playing with spoons stirring etc. Pretending to wash up... The rule is water has to stay in the sink or the play stops. But oh it is pretty boring for the parent as you have to semi supervise (they are 2 yr olds) but can't join in the play... just hanging around. Do you let your kids play at the sink and what do you do to make it more interesting?!

midnightexpress Wed 15-Dec-10 21:16:11

Awww ds1 used to love doing that a couple of years ago. he would happily spend hours 'washing-up'. I always put a towel on the floor before he started because i think it's unrealistic to expect them to keep it all in the sink, more's the pity. Frankly, it allowed me to get on with other things in the kitchen for a while.

FunkySnowSkeleton Wed 15-Dec-10 21:45:12

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

littletinkers Wed 15-Dec-10 21:51:43

Good idea - will think about that one! I probably also just need to chill out about water getting around the sink - let them have their fun!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now