Talk

Advanced search

Wayne Rooney - match attax!

(6 Posts)
BeckyBendyLegs Mon 13-Dec-10 20:03:09

I'm not sure this is the right place to put this question but here is the scenario.

DS1 has a close friend, Bob, and they both collect the lovely match attax. Bob is very persuasive and will badger someone until he gets what he wants (I frequently have Bob over for tea / sleepovers and he will give me his big doey eyes and ask and ask me for whatever it is until (he hopes) I will give in). Anyway, DS1 is a soft touch and just wants eveeryone to be happy. He doesn't like anyone to get upset. Bob has been badgering him to give him his Wayne Rooney card. Finally, DS1 relented and gave it to him (he told me about it today, in tears). Should I ask Bob's mum to ask Bob to give it back as it wasn't a 'swap' and it was DS1's favourite card? Or should DS1 learn the lesson that you don't give away things you don't want to give away or you just lose them? DH and I have different opinions on this. I won't say which is which! You might have guessed anyway.

MollieO Mon 13-Dec-10 20:05:15

How old?

BeckyBendyLegs Mon 13-Dec-10 20:07:19

Seven.

MollieO Mon 13-Dec-10 21:14:30

I would explain to the other mum and offer another card. This happened to Ds - another boy swapped some cards and gave Ds his favourite one and the next day wanted it back. Ds (6) was fine about it once I'd explained and didn't want the other boy to be upset.

BeckyBendyLegs Tue 14-Dec-10 07:08:07

Thanks for your reply, I'll talk to her today.

CharlieBoo Tue 14-Dec-10 11:32:15

Tell her he gave it to Bob by mistake or tell her the truth... Her son badgered until your son relented and your ds is now sad...

The joys of Mach attax!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now