Talk

Advanced search

18 month old hasn't gained weight in many, many months!

(3 Posts)
TuttoRhino Sun 12-Dec-10 22:00:16

My 18 month old DD is the same weight she was at 9 months, give or take half a pound. She is about 23 lbs. She has grown about 8 cm or so during that period.

She was an incredibly chubby baby - 91-98th centile and has dropped down the centile charts since then. I assume she's now around 25th or possibly lower.

She eats pretty healthy, loves full fat cows milk, yoghurt/fromage frais, cheese, fruit, most vegetables, starches, etc. She doesn't eat meat but loves fish. She's still breastfed around 3-4 times a day but eats 3 meals plus snacks.

She is very active, walking, running and developing normally. Her vocabulary is well over 100 words, probably heading for 200 words. She is stringing 2 words together a lot. So no real worries there.

Has clear eyes, good skin. Still has a toddler tum but is pretty slim around the rest of her body.

Gets occasional colds but overall has a pretty good immune system given that she goes to nursery part-time. Has had no serious illnesses.

She's not sleeping through but doesn't tend to be up for long periods in the night.

Do I worry about the lack of weight gain or is it just one of those things that will resolve itself? Anyone else been in a similar situation?

My brother apparently didn't gain any weight at all between 1 and 2. But he was always on the smaller side and never a big baby like mine used to be.

SkyBluePearl Sun 12-Dec-10 22:26:36

No you mustn't worry at all. I think they are often born heavy due to our food intake during pregnancy and then go on to find a much more natural weight over the next year or so. My child is a.5at xmas and weighs just over one and a half stone - just off the percentile chart. Like yours shes healthy, lively, bright, talkative and much like one of my relatives size wise.

SkyBluePearl Sun 12-Dec-10 22:27:16

2.5 at Xmas sorry

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now