Talk

Advanced search

Do/did your DC go off food when teething?

(13 Posts)
docket Wed 08-Dec-10 18:49:56

That's it really. DS1 and DD didn't as far as I remember but DS2 (just 1) is currently eating very very little. He usually loves his food but has very red cheeks and I can see a tooth just under the gum. I suppose I wouldn't want to eat much if my mouth hurt, but since I don't remember this with the others I wondered if it was 'normal'?!

Thanks!

wannabeglam Wed 08-Dec-10 19:15:01

Yes, DS only ate baby rice when teething.

GrizzlyMacDuff Wed 08-Dec-10 19:16:11

yes, he eats less food, drinks more milk.

notasausage Wed 08-Dec-10 19:51:28

Yes, we're on the second of the BIG molars now and not much food going in - had lots of porridge this morning though!

drivingmisscrazy Wed 08-Dec-10 21:09:38

yes, usually the easiest way to tell that she is teething

ktc123 Wed 08-Dec-10 21:56:11

yep definately, my twins are 16 months and cutting molars and are eating very little but drinking plenty of milk and they will eat anything smooth and liquidy like yoghurt, soup and those baby fruit pots.

Meglet Wed 08-Dec-10 21:58:43

yes, we switched back to soft food, yogurts the baby food with lumps in and lots of milk. They happily went back to normal food once the tooth broke through.

lukewarmcupofmulledwine Thu 09-Dec-10 12:15:02

Yes, DD2 does. And yet she manages to poo about 6 times a day due to the teething - not sure where it all comes from!

Poogles Thu 09-Dec-10 12:30:08

Both DS1 & DS2 would only eat cold food when teething. Get lots of yoghurts in and make cucumber fingers. Keep them refrigerted/pop in freezer for 10 minutes and they will sooth sore gume (especially at the back!)

docket Thu 09-Dec-10 12:31:59

Thanks for your replies! He's still not eating but I'm keeping his fluids up and offer him the cold stuff. Thanks again.

EatingAngelPie Thu 09-Dec-10 12:33:56

yes. teething is taking forever for DS. i give him small portions of soft-cooked food an top it off with greek yoghurt. he's still gtting quite thin though.

Brewster Thu 09-Dec-10 21:40:25

Mainly eats yogurts and milk.

Try some ice pops - soothing and gets some fluid in.

Teetha is good and calprofen too.

Don't worry they will want food again and if anything like my guy will stuff their faces to make up for lost time!

AngelDog Sat 11-Dec-10 08:44:57

My DS likes hard foods rather than soft when teething - rice cakes, breadsticks etc. He tends to bf more too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now