Talk

Advanced search

10 month old always wanting mummy's attention

(4 Posts)
PrincessTwolyilah Mon 06-Dec-10 08:34:45

Hi all mums netters

I was just wondering how long your lo's manage to occupy themseleves without needing your attention....

My LO seems to always want my attention after playing for a just few minutes!!!! Ill be in the same room as her but she will always crawl up to me and start whining. If I sit and play with her she could go for hours but I would like to encourage her to self play...

Thanks for your advice.

RobynLou Mon 06-Dec-10 08:39:48

sounds pretty normal to me...
if you need to get something done then involve her in it - washing up? give her a bowl with a little water and bubbles so she can 'help' cooking? give her something to mix...

PrincessTwolyilah Mon 06-Dec-10 09:02:13

@ Robnlou

Yes I involve her in different types of activites but she just seems to want to be picked up or crawl into my lap.

It just feels the more attention I give her the more she wants and its never enough.

RobynLou Mon 06-Dec-10 09:12:02

I used to put DD in the sling on my back when she was like this, there is a very common stage of separation anxiety at around 9m - I had friends who's DC's had happily gone to nursery previously but suddenly started crying when left etc.

www.babycentre.co.uk/baby/development/socialandemo tional/independence/

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now