Talk

Advanced search

My 3 month old will not burp!

(4 Posts)
Tootbelle Sat 04-Dec-10 16:29:51

Hi...just wondering if anyone else is having the same problem? My DS takes ages to burp after a feed. I am breastfeeding roughly every 3 hours and he is good at latching on and only takes 20mins to feed but trying to get a burp out of him is a nightmare! Have tried a few different positions but very rarely get a burp. The result ofcourse is griping tummy pains and bad wind! I have been using infacol before each feed practically from birth but am wondering now whether i should go to the docs? He is a terrible napper and sleeper - partly because wheneever he is laid flat his wind is worse _ he is much happier upright and therefore sleeps on me and my OH no problem! Advice please...!

LifeForRent Sat 04-Dec-10 21:49:59

I had a nightmare winding my ds too. Men eh?
I tried infacol, and found that was rubbish, so I started with Gripe water (from Boots etc). I gave it to him in a syringe mid feed between switching breasts, and I found that settled him, then over my knee for a burping. I used to lay my ds flat on his back and leave him for about 2 minutes and I found the wind moved. It does pass, after about 16 weeks he started to wind himself.

cupofcoffee Sat 04-Dec-10 21:51:29

I am wondering if he may be getting reflux rather than wind given that he seems worse when flat and there are no burps. Might be worth discussing with HV/GP to see what they suggest.

LifeForRent Sat 04-Dec-10 22:16:55

Ask your HV I think would be wise, but it will probably pass in a few weeks.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: