Talk

Advanced search

DCs keen on wrestling - how to deal?

(3 Posts)
time4tea Fri 03-Dec-10 11:42:20

Hello

DS1 (nearly 7) and DS2 (nearly 4) have got interested in wrestling, constantly drawing pictures of wrestlers, and even having a go at working out (if you knew what absolute loafers me and their father are, you would find this very funny)

however, they want to watch wrestling on YouTube. We have shown them Olympic wresting, and Sumo, and watch with them, emphasising the sporting angle, and that it is done safely so as not to cause injury, rather than violently,
but they want to watch WWF, wrestlers with names like Big Poppa Pump biscuit the Undertaker etc - which I imagine is not on

does anyone have any experience of this? while there's no way DH and I want them watching something harmful, to be putting an absolute stop to any watching might be counter productive and make a phase last longer than it would have done if we were relaxed about it.

meltedmarsbars Fri 03-Dec-10 11:48:20

Its all stage-managed and a bit of fun, imho. don't you remember it all in the '70's? <showing up my age>

Mine wrestle each other and their friends on the livingroom floor. A friend's ds goes to watch it live with his dad (both v mild people!)

Take a chill-pill, lady! If they show an interest in starting cage-fighting, that's a bit different!

time4tea Fri 03-Dec-10 11:56:27

wink

we were watching Big Daddy and Giant Haystacks bouncing bellies yesterday, which I loved at 5pm on World of Sport (yes, I was around in the 70s)

its this American stuff I'm worried about, as with a British thing, I think they get the register a bit better, and get the joke.. IYSWIM

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: