Talk

Advanced search

peeling/picking: aargh!

(5 Posts)
openerofjars Mon 29-Nov-10 21:41:50

DS, who is largely fabulous and lovely, has just turned 2 and for some reason this has coincided with him wanting to peel things.

I don't mean in a useful way, like carrots or potatoes. That would be brilliant and I would be posting in G&T. I mean wallpaper, the flaps on one poor, blameless lift-the-flap book, the back inside cover on another book, the dry skin on my hand (ouch), etc.

He is quite good at it: he got a huge piece of his bedroom wallpaper off this morning [shit at DIY emoticon].

1) Anyone else's do this? and

2) how do I stop it? He thinks it's mildly amusing and any reaction (reason, shrieking etc) is met with what I can only describe as a tolerant smile.

Hayulp!

openerofjars Mon 29-Nov-10 23:37:04

Bump

TheLemur Tue 30-Nov-10 11:28:19

Channel it?... Buy him a big sheet of stickers, give him something shiny/laminated to stick them on so he can peel them off again later

openerofjars Tue 30-Nov-10 20:51:50

Thanks! I was wondering about that but wasn't sure if it would just confuse him. I'm hoping it'll pass, but it's tough on the decor.

Al1son Wed 01-Dec-10 14:43:24

I second the channelling idea. He needs to explore the action and he'll probably do it whether you want him to or not.

You can get those little laminated books with removable stickers which might fascinate him.

A post-it pad might be a good distraction.

Cheese strings might go down well too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now