Talk

Advanced search

Please help a desperate mum

(5 Posts)
gaelicsheep Mon 29-Nov-10 20:54:02

here

Sorry to be a pain, but I need help and suggestions before I crack up. sad

Igglybuff Mon 29-Nov-10 21:06:03

Hi sorry to hear about this. I'll help bump the thread.

Just a thought - could she be ill? Ear infection or something? What happens when you hand her to DH, is it instant screaming?

Igglybuff Mon 29-Nov-10 21:08:17

Sorry - not sure where I got the handing to DH from. What I meant was, is it lying on her back she doesn't like? Could she be in pain (silent reflux or ear infection)?

BCBG Mon 29-Nov-10 21:15:02

Genuinely, I think you should feed her, make sure she's dry and warm, put her safely in a cot and let her yell it out. Go out of earshot if you can get someone else to stay close. Time how long it takes her to fall asleep. It will probably be longer than you think. But she will go. I had one dc like this too and I carried her around rather than deal with it and the problem got worse and worse. My screaming dd is now a beautiful 15 year old btw

gaelicsheep Mon 29-Nov-10 21:40:06

Oh I knew this would happen. I'll reply here but suggest others reply to first thread if that's OK?

Thanks both. I really don't think she's ill as she literally stops the moment she's picked up. There are rarely any tears and she'll often grin at you. She has been treated for reflux but my impression is that those particular symptoms have settled down. BCBG - we have tried leaving her to cry many times. She gets louder and louder and louder. She might quieten for a minute or two then it starts again. She has never fallen asleep when left to cry, never. And I can't bear to do it.

More on the other thread. smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: