Talk

Advanced search

1 mo- will only fall asleep on us...

(7 Posts)
Towanmummies Mon 29-Nov-10 13:43:46

which we both love and it's not a problem, until you add in the colic screaming and the fact we can't put him down in his basket for more than about 15 mins ever. he also gets hiccups really quickly when he's lying flat- have propped the head end of his basket up but it hasn't helped.

SlightlyTubbyHali Mon 29-Nov-10 13:47:55

Infacol?
Swaddling? (can help or go the other way...)

How are his feeds? When my girls were colicky I fould it helpful to make sure their feeds were spaced out properly. I decided that I would not feed them twice in under 2 hours and this seemed to make a huge difference - no more snacking/frequent feeds/colicky screaming/frantic sucking marathons. They took more at each feed and seemed to suffer less with tummy aches.

KangarooCaught Mon 29-Nov-10 13:50:27

Our 1st & 3rd only liked sleeping on us to begin with, I guess for the comfort and warmth. We have a bedside cot, so only really an extension of our bed, used to warm it with a hotwaterbottle and then ease them over to the cot, sometimes settling on their back, but mostly with colic on their fronts. We read the SIDs advice, made sure they weren't overhot and were by our sides and that worked for us.

Towanmummies Mon 29-Nov-10 13:57:43

yes Hali he's on infacol and gripe water (not pleased about giving him meds but we decided he wouldn't fare well if we didn't sleep anyway!) i'm bfing in demand but he seems to have got himself into a 4 hourly routine, give or take a bit. it's just when he doesn't sleep in between that it's a problem.
i can soemtimes put him down on top of the duvet next to me and he'll sleep, but that means DP is relegated to the spare room as we're too scared to bedshare with both of us.
he sleeps better in the day than at night- but i don't think it's worth keeping awake more in the day because he gets colic anyway at night, so then he'd just be tired and colicky.....
we just want to make sure we're doing the best for the little chap.

SlightlyTubbyHali Mon 29-Nov-10 14:07:34

That does sound hard work. If it's any consolatation I promise it will pass.

In the meantime, would one of these be any good? At least then your DH might get to stay in his own bed.

Towanmummies Tue 30-Nov-10 15:07:18

i thought they'd been stopped? or was that some other type of sleep positioners?

SlightlyTubbyHali Tue 30-Nov-10 21:01:23

Hm, you may well be right - lots of the "main" places aren't selling them anymore from what I can see. Well there's always one of those three sided cots if you want to give co-sleeping a go. Quite a big outlay though...

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: