Talk

Advanced search

<sob> DS currently crying 'mama mama' while DH putting him to bed

(8 Posts)
Bicnod Sat 27-Nov-10 19:49:49

he's 19 months old and going through a real mummy phase. I went back in to him twice after putting him down to sleep then DH went in. I know I can't now go back in as it will mean he'll just keep doing it and will undermine DH etc etc but it is killing me listening to him crying

dinkystinky Sat 27-Nov-10 19:53:20

Get out the house for a 10/15 minute walk - easier for you (and probably DH) if you cant hear it.

My sympathies - DS2 is a totally mummy limpet too...

Bicnod Sat 27-Nov-10 19:57:53

Thanks dinky. In the middle of cooking mine and DH's dinner so can't go out, but have turned off monitor and closed the door

He's currently saying 'need mummy'

dinkystinky Sat 27-Nov-10 20:02:31

If its any consolation, DS2 is like that too if he knows I'm around. It actually takes me going in (eventually) and just saying Go To Sleep Now for him to finally calm down and go to sleep. Am sure your DH will get it sorted - and DS will be fine. Open a bottle of wine and pour yourself and DH a big glass each.

Bicnod Sat 27-Nov-10 20:31:19

I gave in blush and he was asleep within 5 minutes. We'll try again tomorrow. Thanks for keeping me company in my misery dinky - it helps to know I'm not the only one. If I'm out DH can settle him just fine btw so it's definitely because he knows I'm an option IYSWIM.

Right, going to eat brownies and watch what's left of x-factor.

dinkystinky Sat 27-Nov-10 20:34:54

Honestly Bicnod - if he'll settle for DH if you're not around, pretend to be going out before its his bedtime and he'll probably settle fine for DH. They're contrary little buggers! And if you dont have to put yourself/DH/DS through the wailing you had tonight, dont do it and have an easier life. DS1 was like that too at around 19 months - and by 22 months couldnt care less who put him to bed (without too much pushing on our part as DH was generally at work at his bedtimes anyway).

thisisyesterday Sat 27-Nov-10 20:41:07

oh he's just a baby. like you say... it's a phase! he needs you right now, so comfort him and settle him down

soon enough it'll be DH he is favouring and who he wants to put him to bed.

Bicnod Sat 27-Nov-10 23:15:28

dinky - that's good to hear, hopefully it'll be the same with DS and he'll just move on in a couple of months.

thisisyesterday - I know, he really is just a baby, and I generally do put him to bed as it's just easier (and I always do the night shift as I can't sleep when he's crying anyway so might as well just get up and deal with it). Everything's a phase, I have to keep telling myself that!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now