Talk

Advanced search

could 11 week old started to teeth?? help please!

(8 Posts)
babylayla Fri 26-Nov-10 20:38:30

Hi, my little girl is 11 weeks and wondering if she could have started to teeth??

She had started to really dribble (drool almost)last week lasted about two days, was also getting very upset (usually quite content baby), and moving her head side to side trying to knaw on her hands quite frustrated. This stopped for about 7-10 days and she started doing same thing again yesterday. I can see a couple of little white bumps in her mouth. Do you think she could be teething and how can i help her?

I gave her a little 2.5ml spoon of calpol before she went to sleep and another feed and she was ok after about an hour.

Pleeease help, really horrible to see her this upset :-(

Thanks, xx

BelleDameSansMerci Fri 26-Nov-10 21:11:27

I think my DD (now 3) began at about 11/12 weeks. She had all her teeth quite early. It's certainly possible and the symptoms you've mentioned sound like teething. I remember, though, that I didn't see any teeth for a little while but then the first two/four came quite quickly.

The only thing I would say, though, is that if she seems really distressed, I'd take her to the doctor's but I'm sure you'd do that anyway.

Do you have a teething ring? DD had several of these and I think they helped.

playftseforme Fri 26-Nov-10 21:18:06

My dd started teething at 12 wks and my dts earlier than that - but early signs of teething is unfortunately no indication that any teeth will appear earlier - we had to wait until 8 mths for my dd's first tooth to appear. It's a horrible process. I use (a lot of) teething powders and they seem to have an immediate calming effect, but I have also been using Calpol when it gets so bad that they can't sleep. Calgel is also my best friend.

Morph2 Fri 26-Nov-10 21:22:45

My DS started showing all the signs of teething at about 8 weeks. He is now 6 months and still has no teeth. Alot of people have told me it can sometimes take a long time for them to move up though the gums

fairylights Fri 26-Nov-10 21:24:37

my ds got his first tooth at 3 months and both dc had a mouth full by the time they were 15 months so you might just have an early teether like me! calpol and bonjela all the way..smile

babylayla Fri 26-Nov-10 21:50:48

Thank you everyone for the advice. Its really horrible to see her in discomfort..

playftseforme.. what teething powders do you use?

I think I will be stocking up on the calpol, calgel rather swiftly!

Also, has anyone used the raz berry teethers? If so are they are good? I have had a couple of good reviews, just after few more opinons.

Thanks you again x

BelleDameSansMerci Fri 26-Nov-10 22:14:06

Ashton & Parsons powders [[ http://www.boots.com/en/Ashton-Parsons-Infant-Teet hing-Powders-20-pack_1674/ here]] did help my DD. You can get them in Sainsburys, Boots, etc. They look oddly old fashioned...

Also, I found Dentinox teething gel worked best for my DD but they're all different, of course.

BelleDameSansMerci Fri 26-Nov-10 22:14:30

Sorry, messed the link up - here

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now