Talk

Advanced search

cold at night

(8 Posts)
rednita Fri 26-Nov-10 08:18:44

My ds will be four next week he's always been a good sleeper until the last couple of weeks when the weather has got colder. He's waking up anytime between 2 and 4 complaining he's cold and he is freezing! I've tried socks, extra duvets, blankets nothing seems to work. Any ideas greatfully received I would like my bed back!

2shoes Fri 26-Nov-10 08:19:47

dd (sn) wears pj's bed socks and a dressing gown in bed(she comes uncovered)

Seona1973 Fri 26-Nov-10 10:53:46

my 2 are loving their hot water bottles (age 4 and 7)

imgonnaliveforever Sat 27-Nov-10 10:40:08

We have same problem. DS bedroom is above garage so even in daytime is colder than rest of house. We have bought a heater for his room. You can get ones with timer and thermostat so they only come on as it gets cold. Made all the difference to us.

pickledsiblings Sat 27-Nov-10 10:53:25

Yes, we did that as well imgonna. It was a DeLongi oil filled one.

purepurple Sat 27-Nov-10 10:59:51

I have been waking up with the cold myself the last few nights. I have added extra quilts to the bed, but still wake up at about 4 am with a freezing cold head and a headache. as I am recovering from flu, this has hindered my recovery.
I considered wearing a hat in bed then thought, 'sod it!' and put the heating on constant. I woke up without a headache this morning and actually slept to nearly 8 o'clock, which is unknown for me.
Can you leave your heating on? I heard on the tv this morning that it is actually cheaper to leave it on constantly, at a lower level than to heat the house from cold.
I will be leaving mine on constant until the cold snap is over, and deal with the bills later.

Katy1368 Sat 27-Nov-10 16:15:05

All in one fleecy sleepsuits - mothercare does them online up to about age 6 I think. I have one for DD age 2 and a half and it has worked a treat. it's like having a big cuddly fleecy blanket stuck to you!

sarahtigh Sat 27-Nov-10 21:28:14

house cools down quicker so if hesting normally goes offat 10 and on at 6 may need on till 11.30 then on at 4-5 just now, if on constant can be a much lower temperature as cramkingthe boiler up twice a day to max uses loads of energy, generally the night is coldest just before dawn so 4-7am is probably when coldest rather than midnight, our heating os on constant just now

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now