Talk

Advanced search

Safe place for an active 10 month old

(3 Posts)
CJ2010 Tue 23-Nov-10 15:07:20

Hello I need some advice please. My DD is now crawling and trying to grab everything in sight! My problem is where to put her whilst I am doing the washing up, answering the door etc. She is bored of her Activity Station and is trying to climb out all the time and I don't feel happy leaving her, in her high chair.

Are play pens a good idea? Are they safe? At the moment she is only happy being carried about in my arms or when playing on the floor under my supervision. What can I do for when I need to turn my back for a second?

Tee2072 Tue 23-Nov-10 15:46:34

Playpen. Saved my sanity and my son's life.

Okay, that last bit is a slight exaggeration, but playpens are the perfect place to put an active baby/toddler when you can't watch them.

We've had ours since my son was about 11 months and now, at 17.5 months, he isn't always happy at first to go in, but eventually finds a toy he isn't allowed anywhere else and happily plays for up to 20 minutes.

mama2mooandbabymoo Tue 23-Nov-10 16:04:57

Travel cot. Im about to find dd1's from the loft for my 9mo dd. She has just found out she can pull herself to standing on the sofa!

I like that the travel cot is cheaper and you can easily store it away.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: