Talk

Advanced search

8 month check

(4 Posts)
happygilmore Tue 23-Nov-10 11:48:07

I've had an invitation for an 8 month check for my DD, although it will take place when she's 6 months confused

Apparently they'll be checking her speech confused amongst other things. I'm guessing they mean babbling as she's not a child prodigy talking in whole sentences just yet!

I'll probably go to get the bookstart books if nothing else, but wondered what the review actually involves. If it's to check for things like sitting up etc, would it not be better being held actually at 8 months?

Firawla Tue 23-Nov-10 13:38:12

i would just go along and get the free books and not worry about it much tbh, i dont think most areas do these 8 months checks, ours dont even do 1 yrs these days, nothing til 2 yrs! and they can vary so much @ 6-8 months anyway, but i guess they will just have some kind of developmental checklist and then ask u if u have any concerns?

Tillyscoutsmum Tue 23-Nov-10 13:43:28

DS had his this morning (he is 11 months). Around here, they do it any time between 8 and 12 months. The HV just asked questions about his food/milk intake, whether he was walking etc., whether he waved/clapped/socially interacted and then she weighed and measured him, did a follow up PND questionnaire for me and gave us a book bag.

LBsmum Tue 23-Nov-10 13:44:48

sounds a bit early at 6 months, at DD's they checked sitting up, weight bearing, babbling and handling of objects ( pincer grip)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now