Talk

Advanced search

Can you get a clock to show children it's time to go to bed?

(7 Posts)
johnnybuoy Tue 23-Nov-10 11:17:04

There's lots of clocks to show children when it's time to get up but I can't find one that helps with going to bed.
Ideally one with one colour to show it's time to start getting ready for bed and another to show it's time to go?

flingingflangin Tue 23-Nov-10 14:00:43

How old are your DC? This may be obvious but I just use a normal clock grin. My DC are 5 and 2.5 one goes to bed at 6.30 the other at 7pm. DD doesn't need to know the time or look at the clock, but my DS (5) basically knows he has 30mins until bedtime for reading, quietly finishing puzzles/drawings then we give him a 5 minute warning at 6.55 then upto bed at 7pm for teeth and maybe some recreational reading iykwim! Rather than school books. What I'm saying in a very verbose way is establish a regular routine instead.

lenak Tue 23-Nov-10 16:19:53

I got this for my DD (3.2) primarily for knowing when to get up, but you can set the 'orange' light to come on at a certain time in the evening which could indicate that it is time to get ready for bed - it then stays on all night as a night light and turns green when it is time to get up.

If you press the button on the foot it tells you what time it is and had loads of games as they get older and learn how to tell the time.

It also switches to a normal alarm clock so should last for years.

We've had ours since September and DD loves it.

momofha Tue 23-Nov-10 17:24:41

A friend of mine has this clock and says it works wonders. http://www.kid-sleep.com/enfant.php?wake-up&indica teur=sleep-wake-up-display

momofha Tue 23-Nov-10 17:26:24

It seems my link takes you to their latest clock but actually my friend has the classic clock. Check under there products for it on www.kid-sleep.com

bluesmile10 Tue 23-Nov-10 20:23:48

I think the people that make gro sleeping bags and groegg thermometers make a clock that is yellow for day and dark blue for night. You set it for the times that you want so that they can see whether night time or get up time. Not tried it myself tho!!

MyLifeIsChaotic Tue 23-Nov-10 20:47:44

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now