Talk

Advanced search

ten month old waking up every hour

(1 Post)
jenniferlynn Tue 23-Nov-10 08:53:55

Hi all, I'm posting a similar thread in the feeding section as little one is going through a whole lack of sleeping/feeding thing at the moment..I've heard of terrible two's-any chance there is a terrible ten months as well?! wink

Daughter sleeps in her own room (has done from five months) and to be honest has never been a brilliant sleeper but had got to a stage where she was only waking up once a night for a feed..ahh bliss, but the past couple of months things have gone awry.

When she got to eight months made decision to not continue with night feeds and again this seemed to work for a short while, although she would still wake up she could be settled down (with dummy or singing). However she is now waking up more and more and for the past two weeks she has absolutely shrieked and cried. She is often sat up when I go in so I don't know if her rolling over is waking her up, or if she wakes up and then rolls over. Generally she will go to bed fine (around 7pmish) and sleeps tight until 10 or 11 and then will be up every hour until she properly wakes up around 5.30/6am. Although I hadn't wanted to get back into night feeds I have done on some occassions (amazing how your plans can change when sleep dperived!!) but would much rather try and get her to settle herself.

Anyone have any ideas as to what might be going on? She doesn't have any teeth but her gums don't seems sore, she isn't chewing things anymore than she normally does and she does have a settled sleep period to begin with. Husband and I are thinking of controlled crying but I just want to make sure there is nothing else going on with her I guess.

I don't know if its related or not but for the past two weeks she has also been off her food-only eating a few mouthfuls. Maybe thats a whole different story?! Or maybe she's waking because she's hungry?

Thanks for reading and hopefully helping
Right I'm off to bed for a bit now as little one is at nursery today

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: