Talk

Advanced search

Can baby be teething at 7 weeks?

(8 Posts)
rimsky Tue 16-Nov-10 21:15:16

My usually happy and contented baby has become very grizzly and is constantly chewing his fist. Could he be teething? I think I can see teeth under his gums

wheredoesallthesnotcomefrom Tue 16-Nov-10 21:48:52

very possibly teething. can you give bonjella at that age?

i think we gave some calpol at about the same age

good luck

notasausage Wed 17-Nov-10 14:39:30

It's not unheard of but could just be the teeth moving up into the gum. They then seem to stop there for ages before making an appearance. My DD did the chewing everything bit from about 12 weeks and didn't get her first tooth till 6 months. I have noticed the same thing happen with the later teeth - molars etc.

moajab Wed 17-Nov-10 22:35:05

I said my DS was teething from about 2 1/2 months as he was chewing on everything and dribbling. But his first tooth didn't come through until 7 months!

ALovelyBunchOfCoconuts Fri 19-Nov-10 12:20:55

Could definitely be teething. My DD got two teeth at once at 12 weeks and at least one every month from there on in. Think she had them all by about 14 months!

Bonjela or anbesol are great for teething.

idobelieveinfairies Fri 19-Nov-10 12:28:19

My DD was teething at 8 weeks. The doctor had a look when i took her for her first immunisations and said she was teething. I was a bit hmm but 2 weeks later a bottom tooth was cutting through.

She got them all really early, lost her milk teeth really early and had all her later teeth really early too, the dentist was suprised. We now think she is growing wisdom teeth confused.

None of my other children were like this, they were getting their teeth at 6-9 months. DS (15) who is in year 11 has still got a lot of his milk teeth waiting to come out!

Feliena Sun 21-Nov-10 21:56:51

mines 8 weeks and doing the same - notices he chews more when hes hungry so i just asumed he was hungry- i can visibly see his teeth inside his gums which have been like it since he was born.

MotherJack Sun 21-Nov-10 21:59:46

My DS cut his first tooth at 8 weeks so it's possible. A very small number of babies can be born with teeth (or a tooth) apparently, so anything between 0 and 8 months, expect a tooth or two!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now