Talk

Advanced search

lacto free formula - whats your experience?

(6 Posts)
tostaky Sun 14-Nov-10 17:45:09

DS2 is 7 months and hasbeen weaned off the breastfor about a month, progressively
now he wakes up every two hoursat night, does about 7-8 soiled nappies a day (including 3 at night)
so im thinking he doesnt really like formula

im considering lacto free milk.... any experience?
tried goat milk for a day and it seemed worse

Seona1973 Sun 14-Nov-10 19:15:21

why lactose free? Breastmilk is full of lactose so you would have noticed problems while breastfeeding if he was sensitive to lactose. It could be a cows milk protein intolerance - I'd speak to your gp and see if they will prescribe a non-dairy formula for him.

thisisyesterday Sun 14-Nov-10 19:19:48

is he teething? my kids are always unhappy at night and produce many manky nappies when they are teething

seona is right about the lactose tho, breastmilk has tons so you;d have known about it by now!
so if it is a milk problem then you need a hypoallergenic formula

it could be worth trying a different normal formula tho. with ds1 we had to try about 3 or 4 different ones before getting one he was happy on. Aptamil made him really sick, SMA made him really constipated..

tostaky Mon 15-Nov-10 13:12:59

Ok maybe not lactose free the... maybe i should just get him to the gp ....
ive tried allthe different brands of milk (and goat milk) but it made no difference at all....

how long should a teething episode lasts? it has been almost a month and a half now that i have had this problem, with the last two weeks being worst.
(and still no teeth)

lunafire Mon 15-Nov-10 13:26:32

Maybe worth trying some of the different brands of formula to see if any of them agree with him better...but in the meantime is there any reason you can't try breastfeeding again?

tostaky Mon 15-Nov-10 13:30:07

ive basically stopped breastfeeding... not sure if i could start breastfeeding him again fully...
and i did breastfed him this morning at 5am out of tiredness and he was still crying/miserable
it would feel like making a step backward....
he is almost 8 months now...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now