Talk

Advanced search

cluster feeding

(4 Posts)
loopylo Sun 14-Nov-10 09:45:34

DD is now 5 weeks old. She started to get into a sleeping routine waking every 2.5-3hrs for feeds but the last 4 days she has fed constantly from midafternoon to 2-3am, then go 2 hrly until the morning. She put on 9 onz last week so I'm assuming my breast milk is ok. How long does this tend to last. She is also much more awake in the day so I was hoping she would sleep more at night.

Dotters Sun 14-Nov-10 14:04:57

5 weeks? Could well be a growth spurt, those last between 2 days and a week... hold on in there, you are doing a brilliant job feeling your DD and she will be getting everything she needs from you.

Galena Sun 14-Nov-10 17:07:21

We used to joke about 'grumpy o'clock' which was from about 5pm till 8pm. That was DD's cluster feeding time (never put on 9oz in a week though envy - and even now at 19mo is only 19lb!)

It gradually becomes easier, and you'll find once you start planning for it she'll stop doing it!

ginger2000 Sun 14-Nov-10 18:11:55

no advice but just to say that my 7wk old is exactly the same - today i have fed pretty constantly from midday apart from some 45 min naps. we rarely go more than 3 hrs even at night. no idea how long it will go on for although i do remember with dd, things got easier around the 3 month mark.

sorry - that probably seems like a lifetime away (it does to me!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now