Talk

Advanced search

8 yo - is it to do with hormones?

(6 Posts)
stoo Tue 09-Nov-10 11:11:59

My 8yo daughter is acting very strangely! I have a feeling it may be that her hormones and all the stuff I don't want to think about are starting to kick in but how do I know that's what it is and how do I tackle it?
She had a very 'odd do' in the centre of town where she suddenly felt sick, went incredibly pale and felt really sleepy. Then within 10 mins was fine and nothing came of it! She is also quite tearful and very moody. She is getting hair 'down there' and is startin to get BO. But she is only 8 (and 1/2) and I can't believe she is going to have to go through all that already.

I need help please!!! confused

kreecherlivesupstairs Tue 09-Nov-10 11:28:17

Quite likely. Our DD doesn't have hair 'down there' (I assume you don't mean her feet), but does have ridiculous mood swings and is growing breasts. She is now 9.6, but this did start around a year ago.
Not sure about the odd do, had she eaten anything?

stoo Tue 09-Nov-10 12:13:33

Yes she had had breakfast and was fine just before.
Do you know of any good books to help me explain everything to her or did you just make it up as you went along? (I have noting to go on as my mum just assumed I would work it out!!!)

Notty43 Wed 10-Nov-10 13:24:27

Similar issue with my 9 year old dd a while back. I sat her down and had a talk about the basics - but I'm not sure she took it all in. I now intend to discuss again soon and hope it sinks in - don't want to wait for her to ask, as she doesn't even seem curious.A good book would help us too!

kreecherlivesupstairs Wed 10-Nov-10 13:36:49

DD had one called Lets talk about our bodies or something like that. There is a whole series of Let's talk about.......
she was engrossed. OP, I wouldn't assume that your DD doesn't know anything. Ours knew some stuff from discussions in the school playground.
I'd give you the whole title and ISBN but I lent it to someone who lent it to someone else <cross>

stoo Mon 15-Nov-10 10:40:37

I had a look on Amazon and found an Usbourne Books one called "What's happening to me?". It's supposed to be good so I have ordered it. I will look through it myself when it arrives and let you know what I think.
Thanks for your help smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: