Talk

Advanced search

leaky nappies

(14 Posts)
ksmum Wed 03-Nov-10 20:24:18

I am very sick of washing my sons pjs, sleeping bag, sheet and mattress protector nearly every night.

he has about 5 ozs of milk before bed - but I used to give DD way more than this and she was fine.

It all comes out the top, around his waist. have tried swapping nappies (he has huggies now) and even putting 2 on him but to no avail.

Any ideas?

Thank you ladies

whatsleep Wed 03-Nov-10 20:28:01

I had this problem with huggies, changed to a different brand and it stopped. sounds daft but have you tried putting them on back to front, i'v herd it sometimes helps?? is his winky pointing the wrong way?! dont have boys myself so not sure how you are ment to arrange said winky!

stinkypants Wed 03-Nov-10 20:28:50

are they definitely the right size?
is his penis sticking up when you put the nappy on? (Sorry!!)

stinkypants Wed 03-Nov-10 20:29:39

aaah - winky!! that's the word i was looking for!!

ksmum Wed 03-Nov-10 20:30:59

Maybe I could go down a size as he has got skinnier since walking more.

Yes willy is pointing down not up but the wee still seems to go upwards (slightly baffling actually).

What brand did you switch to?

whatsleep Thu 04-Nov-10 11:17:53

changed to pampers simply dry but also get on well with tesco and asdas own...only got huggies because they were on special offer!

SpiderObsession Thu 04-Nov-10 12:03:41

He might need the next size up. I found Pampers the best for mine. Try different brands (go on their websites to see if you can get a free sample). Also agree with the 'right willy direction' comments.

APixieInMyTea Thu 04-Nov-10 14:39:13

Before cloth we used sainsbury's little one's nappies and never had a problem, but yes, try going down a size. My ds1 went down a size when he started moving more.

Huggies and pampers where shite for us.

PrinceCorum Thu 04-Nov-10 15:19:04

You could try elasticated re-useable nappy covers that go over the nappy and are waterproof - sometimes they work, sometimes not - they helped for our son. e.g. those made by Bambino mio. The ones we used were motherease Rikki wraps, which we used over Pampers disposable nappies with some success (but not 100%).

Octaviapink Thu 04-Nov-10 17:35:54

You could try washables too - many of them are actually more absorbent than disposables and the speed of absorbency is key too - if you get a huge pee very quickly then you need something that soaks it up very quickly too - lots of disposables have a slow absorbency rate.

NeverendingStoryteller Thu 04-Nov-10 18:31:06

I find Sainsbury's little ones nappies tend not to leak - your little one (regardless of his age) might be getting mini-erections during the night, meaning regardless of pointing his penis downwards when you put his nappy on, it will probably go up by itself during the night - that might explain why the wee is up around the band of the nappy.

ksmum Wed 10-Nov-10 20:17:38

Thank you all. have bought some little ones nappies - don't want to buy washable at this stage as hoping he is out of them in not too long a time.......

Maybe he does need a size smaller - have tried both pampers and huggies, neither any good so will try Sainsburys. Be good if they work as quite a lot cheaper too!

funtimewincies Wed 10-Nov-10 20:22:01

Have you got a Lidl nearby? Their 'Toujours' nappies are fabulous and much cheaper.

ANTagony Wed 10-Nov-10 20:25:17

My skinny legged elder son used to have this problem. The health visitor recommended boots own brand (this was 6 years ago mind).

I used to put an old hand towel under the sheet in the middle of the bed with a plastic bin bag under saved having to wash the mattress protector. Also I didn't bother with PJ bottoms as he slept through better if they weren't wet on him.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now