Talk

Advanced search

Dd2 getting upset that she can't share a room with Dd1

(5 Posts)
nutcracker Fri 19-Aug-05 20:29:00

When we moved here a year ago Dd1 and Dd2 were orginally going to continue sharing a room as the the 4th room is quite small. However Dd1 decided that she wanted her own room small or not and so thats what happened.

Dd2 (5) has never been quite as happy with this arrangement but I was hoping that once her room was finally finnisehd and she could see it looking nice she would be ok.
She seems to be getting worse though. I've just spent the last half hour up there with her, with her crying and saying she doesn't want to sleep on her own and why doesn't dd1 love her and want then to share and have bunk beds.

I've tried explaining that she will love having her own space when she's older and that dd1 does love her etc but it's not working really.

Dd2 seems so upset by this, what else can i do/say ??

EnidfromtheVILLAGE Fri 19-Aug-05 20:30:24

surely a good reason to have that third baby ?

nutcracker Fri 19-Aug-05 20:32:25

LOL Enid, you haven't been paying attention though, it would be a 4th baby not a 3rd, I already have 3

Catbert Fri 19-Aug-05 20:32:57

That's so sad for her

How old is DD1? I guess she's ready for her own space, and that's fair enough.

Can DD1 go and give her special bedtime hugs and cuddles and tell her she does love her and she will be right next door?

Could DD2 not still have the bunk beds in her room and so she can get all excited about having friends to stay over one day...?

nutcracker Fri 19-Aug-05 20:35:43

Dd1 is 7 and loves her own space.

We have tried letting dd2 go in there for a story and a cuddle but then she has a tantrum coming back out.

I could get her bunk beds for friends to stay over, but then i think she'd want a different friend every night

So far I have said that if she can stay in her own room for a week that I will take her to buy a cuddly toy that she can sleep with instead.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: