Advanced search

Your very best bake?

(9 Posts)
IStillMissBlockbuster Tue 13-Mar-18 21:43:34

I'm going to take some thing baked to a friend's baby shower. I'm not looking for my bake to be themed in any way, but maybe a bit you have any special recipes up your sleeve? The mum to be is not the biggest chocolate fan but wouldn't turn her nose up either.

kally195 Tue 13-Mar-18 21:54:09

A baked New York vanilla cheesecake. Dead easy but seems to impress and is super yum. I sometime do some slightly boozy or spiced berries with it as a sort of source.

Also, spiced chocolate brownies. Really grown up (spiced with smoked paprika, cinnamon and cardomom) and seriously good.

IStillMissBlockbuster Wed 14-Mar-18 12:08:50

Good idea

1frenchfoodie Fri 16-Mar-18 21:11:08

This bakewell cheesecake (amaretti base, cherry jam) is a hit whenever I have made it. My base seems to weep a little each time but it doesnt affect the taste or cutting.

DunkandEgg Fri 16-Mar-18 21:15:43

A key lime pie.

Tatapie Fri 16-Mar-18 21:21:26

That looks divine French Want to have a go at making it but what are almond biscuits? The thins? Amaretti biscuits?

IStillMissBlockbuster Sat 17-Mar-18 06:34:05

That looks really impressive french

1frenchfoodie Sat 17-Mar-18 09:20:21

I make it with those crunchy amaretti biscuits. It is the only thing I buy them for, ditto cherry jam.

Tatapie Sat 17-Mar-18 12:55:23

Thanks French. Have a nice time OP, hope your bake goes down well

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now