Talk

Advanced search

Sugar free cake recipes

(8 Posts)
GlummyMummy Sun 12-Nov-17 19:11:16

Anyone got any good ideas for sugar free snacks for a 3 year old who loves cake!!!

BamburyFuriou3 Sun 12-Nov-17 19:15:11

Flapjacks sweetened with bananas or dates instead of sugar. Need refrigerating though. Cheese and veg mini muffins . Both are in the Blw cookbook smile

GlummyMummy Sun 12-Nov-17 19:18:16

They sound good thanks for that Bambury. I have a three year old who seems to be reacting badly to sugar, but the poor thing has her mother's sweet tooth! 😃

BamburyFuriou3 Sun 12-Nov-17 19:22:27

Bananas become really sweet when cooked so can substitute for lots of sugar in gooey stuff. I also use ground up chopped dates - also very sweet. I know it's still sugar but you feel better about it as it's from fruit! Alternatively you could just try massively cutting the sugar from your usual biscuit and cake recipes and see how palatable they are? Won't keep quite as well though

GlummyMummy Sun 12-Nov-17 19:37:35

She's not a huge fan of bananas but it's worth a try, and I'm sure dates would be a hit. She's not keen on fruit for snack (tends to eat it more with meals) but if she thinks she's getting a cake........ 😉

BamburyFuriou3 Sun 12-Nov-17 19:46:29

I'm.sure I've seen a sugar free brownie recipe as well using dates. I think it was vegan and paleo as well - will have a quick Google - I'm sure the recipe could be adapted

BamburyFuriou3 Sun 12-Nov-17 20:03:41

recipes.sainsburys.co.uk/recipes/snacks/gluten-free-apple-and-almond-brownies. This was it. They worked well for me smile

GlummyMummy Sun 12-Nov-17 20:41:10

They look yummy, thanks so much! And seem easy to make too.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: