Talk

Advanced search

Help! kitchen disaster (pic)

(5 Posts)
Rattysparklebum Mon 24-Apr-17 15:09:34

I decided to try and make marshmallows, all was going well until (following the recipe carefully) I tried to pour the sugar syrup into the food processor to whisk into the egg whites. The sugar syrup has immediately gone solid and wrapped itself around the top of the whisk, I can't remove the bloody whisk from the body of the processor as it appears to be glued solid with toffee! I considered putting the whole processor in the freezer hoping to snap the toffee off when cold but that would mean emptying half the freezer to fit it in and not even sure it will work, any ideas anyone 😟

NannyR Mon 24-Apr-17 15:14:07

How about laying it flat over a sink and pouring a bit of boiling water over it, obviously being really careful not to get it near the electrics bit of the mixer!

Lotsawobblybits Mon 24-Apr-17 15:14:11

Could you boil the kettle and pour it over the top of the whisk into the bowl underneath?

Rattysparklebum Mon 24-Apr-17 15:20:14

just boiling the kettle ...if this doesn't work I might have to drape a tea towel artistically over the food processor until I work out what to do!

Rattysparklebum Mon 24-Apr-17 16:11:19

Thanks NannyR and wobbly, I was honestly starting to panic thinking I had irreparably damaged it but 3 kettles of boiling water over the sink has done the trick.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now