Talk

Advanced search

Multiple cakes

(4 Posts)
nokidshere Tue 18-Apr-17 22:20:03

I'm about to make a rainbow cake as requested by a little friend! Normally I bake 7 cakes individually but was wondering what might happen if I baked a couple of layers together.

So, put red cake mix in the bottom of cake pan, (8 inch round) then a circle of grease proof paper, then the next colour on top.

I can't think of any reason that this wouldn't work? Anyone got any thoughts?

4merlyknownasSHD Wed 19-Apr-17 10:22:26

I would be surprised if that will work (with GP paper in the middle as I think it will inhibit the rise. I think you may wind up with a biscuit.

user1496152919 Tue 30-May-17 15:35:36

I am about to make a swimming pool cake for my daughter, and I am thinking of using two baking trays to get the correct rectangular shape. The trays are 15inches x10inches and not really deep. Does anyone have a good sponge recipe?

TeenagersandFurbabies Wed 31-May-17 15:19:08

I use this recipe for a victoria sponge cake : 8oz caster sugar, 8oz soft butter, 8oz self raising flour, 4 eggs and a few drops of vanilla essence. I always cream the sugar and butter together with a hand mixer then add everything else and mix for a couple of minutes.
Cook on gas 5 on the second shelf from top.
If you want a chocolate cake substitute 2oz flour for 2oz cocoa powder.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now