Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Chocolate cake for DH's birthday. Recommended recipes anyone (nothing too difficult!)

(7 Posts)
forcryinoutloud Wed 12-Apr-17 22:07:06

Cos I'm no Mary Berry or Candice Brown....also, I have to be nut free for DS. Thanks in advance for your delicious suggestions!

lilydaisyrose Wed 12-Apr-17 22:11:28

BBC Good Food Ultimate Chocolate Cake - www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/3092/ultimate-chocolate-cake%3Famp is always a winner!

givemestrengthorgin Wed 12-Apr-17 22:23:17

Lilydaisyrose just linked the chocolate cake I was going to direct you to. It is delicious and my go to cake for birthdays now. I don't put the coffee in and do half milk/half dark chocolate instead of all dark if it's for kids.

NannyR Wed 12-Apr-17 22:30:00

novellas old fashioned chocolate cake is very easy and always turns out well. I replace the sour cream with plain Greek yoghurt as that's what I usually have to hand, and I top it with panache.

NannyR Wed 12-Apr-17 22:30:49

That should be Nigella, not novella!!!

forcryinoutloud Thu 13-Apr-17 15:39:54

thank you for these cake smile

BasicBetty Tue 18-Apr-17 12:28:28

I've just added this on Pinterest. Haven't made it yet, but it's supposed be amazing and one of GH's most popular recipes.

www.goodhousekeeping.co.uk/food/recipes/milk-chocolate-cake

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now