Talk

Advanced search

How to store cupcakes

(5 Posts)
Moominmama79 Sun 02-Apr-17 08:18:56

Hi, I am a hobby baker but rarely bake cupcakes, I mostly do cakes. It's my nephews birthday tomorrow and I planned on making cupcakes today with a chocolate ganache topping. Will they stay fresh and how do I store them in the meantime? I won't have time to do them tomorrow as I'm working then going to the party straight after school.

hangingkebab Sun 02-Apr-17 08:21:15

Home bargains often have those cardboard/sellophane trays that bakeries use, I think they'd be fine in those for 24 hours...cupcakes are a pain to store I find as you can't stack 'em!

Moominmama79 Sun 02-Apr-17 08:23:48

I have some of those boxes to keep them in but was wondering if they would stay fresh? And is it OK to leave them out at room temperature with a ganache topping?

TinfoilHattie Sun 02-Apr-17 08:25:36

I stick mine in a plastic tub like the ones you get chocolates in at Christmas. Would imagine the ganache would be fine as long as you leave the box in a cool place and not in direct sunlight.

If I'm making anything with a gamache topping they do go in the fridge. It means there is no food in there to actually eat though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now