Talk

Advanced search

Cake pops

(10 Posts)
MaroonPencil Wed 29-Mar-17 10:40:24

DH wants to make cake pops. He has bought a mould thing. But all the recipes online say you make a cake and then crumble it up and roll it into balls by hand. Is that right? What's the point of the cake pop mould thing then? I am in no way shape or form a baker, I leave that up to him, but we both had this vague idea that you put cake mix in the cake pop mould.

PastysPrincess Wed 29-Mar-17 10:41:54

I made cake pops with a friend and we put the mixture in a mould. I've never heard of crumbling the mixture

StupidSlimyGit Wed 29-Mar-17 10:42:52

Yep I have one of those moulds, fill the bottom half of the circles with cakemix, fit the top half on and bake smile much easier than the crumbled cake way

TisMeTheLadFromTheBar Wed 29-Mar-17 10:44:37

Is the moulds for recipes that set instead of baking? For chocolate/mousse/yoghurt etc.

MagentaRocks Wed 29-Mar-17 10:45:55

Just use a normal cake mix. Fill one half with the mix, pop the top on and put it the oven. Haven't made these for years. Mainly because they are a faff to make. They look nice though.

MaroonPencil Wed 29-Mar-17 10:49:42

Thank you! That is what he will do then. He wants to make Pokeball (if that is the right word) cake pops for Pokemon mad son.

LadFromTheBar, the mould says it is specifically for cake mix.

MaroonPencil Wed 29-Mar-17 10:50:28

Sorry, for cake pops not cake mix

MaroonPencil Wed 29-Mar-17 10:51:25

Mumsnet is so great, pose a question, get an immediate answer!

StupidSlimyGit Wed 29-Mar-17 11:54:46

I've made pokeballs, Pokémon mad DP they're a bit faffy but look good. Top tip, make a stand for the sticks to sit in while they are drying out of foil. If you put them down they go flat on one side.

Hoppinggreen Wed 29-Mar-17 11:57:17

I've done both
Either bake them in the mold or buy ready bought cake and crumble with marscapone and icing sugar then shape into balls and freeze for a while before coating in chocolate/icing
Even if you bake in the mood I suggest freezing before coating anyway as it's easier and less crumby

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now