Talk

Advanced search

bake sale tomorrow, what's quick and easy?

(17 Posts)
originalbiglymavis Thu 09-Mar-17 08:54:09

I'm stuck in the office and can't get out to the shops so it will be a flyby grab from the coop on the way to the station - so only basic ingredients available, as I have no idea what's in my cupboards.

Any baking magicians out there with tried and tested recipes?

I loathe bake sales now that I'm working... Love cakes though.

anotherdayanothersquabble Thu 09-Mar-17 09:06:00

Buy the cakes! If you must, buy some icing amd sprinkles as well!!

If you really want to send something homemade... marshmallows and melted chocolate in a paper cade?

anotherdayanothersquabble Thu 09-Mar-17 09:06:14

paper case...

originalbiglymavis Thu 09-Mar-17 09:10:04

Ooooooo - melt the marshmallows it just the choc?

InTheDessert Thu 09-Mar-17 09:14:30

Melt the chocolate, dip marshmallows in. Sprinkle with stuff if you have it, is what I think squabble is suggesting

Stickaforkinimdone Thu 09-Mar-17 09:14:30

These! http://goodfood.uktv.co.uk/recipe/peanut-butter-white-chocolate-blondies/

Easiest thing in the world to make and they taste amazing

Summerisdone Thu 09-Mar-17 09:25:10

You can never go wrong with chocolate rice crispie/corn flake cakes and add a little mini egg on top for decoration. If it's good enough for places like Greggs to charge about 60p for these cakes then it's certainly good enough for a bake sale grin

NotCitrus Thu 09-Mar-17 09:46:30

Seconding cereal crispy cakes, using whichever cereal the kids have stopped eating. Or add lurid icing and decorations to ready-made cakes.

flutterworc Thu 09-Mar-17 09:54:16

Mix desiccated coconut with condensed milk until its thick and difficult to stir, a splash of vanilla essence and cook until golden. Best and easiest coconut macaroons ever. Even I can't mess them up!--

Don't tell my mum I've shared her secret recipe!--

AndNoneForGretchenWieners Thu 09-Mar-17 09:57:15

If you want a proper cake, a gin and tonic cake is really easy.

275g caster sugar
175g butter or Stork
3 large eggs
225g self raising flour
2 tbsp milk
50ml tonic water
Zest and juice of 1 lemon
1 measure gin

Cream 175g of the sugar with the butter, add eggs and flour, mix well, stir in milk, lemon Zest and tonic water. Turn out into a loaf tin and bake on gas mark 4 for 50-55 minutes. While the cake is baking, add the gin, remaining sugar and lemon juice to a small ramekin, stir, then leave in a warm place (I usually stick in the grill above the oven). When the cake is baked you have a lovely ginny syrup made. Prick the cake all over whilst still hot and spoon over all of the syrup. Leave to cool before putting in a tin.

WhoKn0wsWhereTheTimeG0es Thu 09-Mar-17 10:03:54

Is it for school? Rocky Road always goes down well at ours. I use half plain half milk chocolate. www.nigella.com/recipes/rocky-road-crunch-bars

AndNoneForGretchenWieners Thu 09-Mar-17 10:58:46

Oops blush ignore the G&T one then... I assumed it was for work (bake sales at my son's school are supplied by the GCSE and A Level catering students and army cadets).

Greenvalleymama Sun 12-Mar-17 15:08:15

Raspberry oat squares are really quick and easy, I often make them for bake sales as I usually have all the ingredients in the cupboard (jam, oats, flour, sugar and butter -in the fridge obviously!).
They are a lovely squidgy jammy flapjack type tray bake, and have been well received wherever I've taken them.

allrecipes.co.uk/recipe/4568/raspberry-oat-slices.aspx

CanIGoToBedNow Sun 12-Mar-17 15:10:57

Paul Hollywood does a packet mix for brownies - get that and a single use silver tray from the supermarket. Job done.

Cultofpersonality Sun 12-Mar-17 15:18:50

I know this is past now but may help someone in the future?
My go to easy/quick make is cookie dough Oreos.
All you need is pre-made cookie dough, some Oreos and chocolate.
Separate Oreos off, pop a disk of cookie dough inside and then put back together. Melt chocolate and dip the Oreos in to cover them completely. Put them on a plate/lined tray, leave in the fridge to set the chocolate.
Also works with peanut butter cups instead of the cookie dough!

originalbiglymavis Sun 12-Mar-17 23:30:15

So I made:

Chocolate brownies
Rocky road (see above)
Peanut butter and white chocolate blondies (see above)
Muffins
Chocolate biscuits
Smartie biscuits

Then realised peanut butter cookies contains, well peanuts, so took them to the office instead.

I was scraping chocolate and goo off all surfaces for days.

hellokittymania Sun 12-Mar-17 23:32:59

You can do healthy cookies using oats and banana just look for recipes on Google but I usually add raisins some applesauce and cinnamon . You don't need flour egg or any sugar and they taste delicious

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now