Talk

Advanced search

Paw patrol birthday cake

(8 Posts)
butteroneverything Mon 27-Feb-17 12:27:23

DC is 4 at the weekend and wants a Paw Patrol birthday cake. It needs to feed about 20 kids. I'd prefer not to use fondant icing, and as most of the Pinterest ideas rely heavily on fondant. Has anyone ideas/images they can send my way?

MissRainbowBrite Mon 27-Feb-17 12:32:07

Buy a Busy Book with all of the figures in. We just did a Lion Guard birthday cake with these and it looked ace, perfect size for a cake and less icing.

ILoveMyMonkey Mon 27-Feb-17 12:43:23

You could do butter cream in different colours and pipe it on?

I'll see if I can find a picture to show what I mean.

ILoveMyMonkey Mon 27-Feb-17 12:45:02

Like this

ILoveMyMonkey Mon 27-Feb-17 12:48:10

Or you do one of those pull apart cupcake cakes and use edible rice paper pictures to decorate, like this :

Proudmummytodc2 Mon 27-Feb-17 13:06:48

I had a quick google these are buttercream ones. You could change the style and colour to what you wanted but just a few wee styles.

butteroneverything Mon 27-Feb-17 13:14:29

Ooh, thanks everyone, loads of ideas. Funnily enough I've just been pulling all DC's Paw Patrol figures out of the toy box and arranging them on top of a huge trayback tin I've got, trying to imagine what it would look like. Basically what you suggest MissRainbow. Could be an easy way round this I'm thinking.
Proudmummy - are those cakes really buttercream?! Not sure my skills are up to that or the one in ILoveMyMonkey's first photo. Like the idea of the cupcakes too...hmmm

TellMeItsNotTrue Mon 27-Feb-17 13:17:25

Rice paper topper from eBay?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now