Talk

Advanced search

Emergency chocolate frosting help!

(7 Posts)
FilthMonster Wed 08-Feb-17 17:42:56

I'm an idiot. I've spent hours making a chocolate cake for my friend tomorrow (nothing fancy but it took hours because my toddler was 'helping'). It was all looking great and I was just smoothing out the chocolate frosting using a hot knife but I must have forgotten to dry the knife after dipping it in the boiling water and now the chocolate frosting has split sad

It looks terrible. I tried to kind of keep spreading it around incase it was ok underneath but I've just made it worse.

Has anyone got a magic solution? I've run out of chocolate and love very rurally so it's not practical to go to the supermarket so I can't scrape it off and re-do it.

SunnySomer Wed 08-Feb-17 17:47:21

Do you have cocoa powder? There is a recipe online using butter, sugar and cocoa powder that tastes like Betty Crocker chocolate frosting (kids seem to love it). Will see if I can find a link.

FilthMonster Wed 08-Feb-17 17:48:27

Yes I have a lot of cocoa powder! Do you think I can cheat and just cover it in a light dusting of cocoa powder to hide the splitness? Or is that just asking for trouble?

SunnySomer Wed 08-Feb-17 17:49:02

This is it www.google.co.uk/amp/allrecipes.co.uk/recipe/20788/lightning-fast-chocolate-icing.aspx/amp/

GVmama Wed 08-Feb-17 17:49:22

I have a great recipe if you have cocoa powder, icing sugar and butter. It makes the best fudgey icing ever!

SunnySomer Wed 08-Feb-17 17:49:31

Umm. I'd be inclined just to bin it!

FilthMonster Wed 08-Feb-17 17:51:16

Going to scrape it all off and start the frosting again. Thanks!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now