Talk

Advanced search

Keeping cupcakes fresh- no freezer

(11 Posts)
DirtyDancing Sun 11-Dec-16 10:38:07

Grateful for some advice on how to keep 24 cupcakes fresh. The party is on Sunday evening, and I need to bake them Friday evening and ice them Saturday evening. I don't have a freezer, so wondered if I wrapped them individually in clingfilm if that would keep them fresh? Thanks

EmeliaHerveyHenryFitzroy Sun 11-Dec-16 10:57:49

Oooo. That's tough without a freezer.

Wrapping tightly individually in clingfim and refrigerating is probably best but they won't taste fresh fresh 2 days later I don't think. They tend to get a bit claggy.

No freezer you can borrow?

You can even ice them frozen and freeze them iced.

Good luck. Hope it goes ok.

reallybadidea Sun 11-Dec-16 11:02:44

Could you make the icing on Friday, then bake and decorate on Saturday evening?

IME American style cupcakes, which have a high proportion of sugar, keep better than Victoria sponge-based cupcakes.

EmeliaHerveyHenryFitzroy Sun 11-Dec-16 11:03:48

Yes, definitely true re American style cupcakes! Good advice.

DirtyDancing Sun 11-Dec-16 22:54:44

Thank you!! I'm going to make the icing one friday- great idea. This in itself will save me lots of time as I need 3 colours. I'll look up some high sugar recipes from the US as well, that's an interesting idea

EmeliaHerveyHenryFitzroy Sun 11-Dec-16 22:56:17

Hummingbird bakery Vanilla cupcakes are lovely light American style cupcakes. Good luck.

reallybadidea Sun 11-Dec-16 23:06:34

This makes amazing chocolate cupcakes.

poisonedbypen Mon 12-Dec-16 08:52:04

Don't put them in the fridge. Bread & cakes go dry much more quickly in the fridge than out if it (it's something to do with chemistry!). They will be fine on Sunday, just keep them in an airtight container.

DrowningInPoop Tue 13-Dec-16 21:20:52

They will keep just fine if you do it Friday night and ice them and pop them in something air tight.

DirtyDancing Sat 17-Dec-16 22:28:12

My son'a windmill/ wind turbine cupcakes all done! Thanks everyone grin

DrowningInPoop Sun 18-Dec-16 06:24:15

Looks great, hope he loves them!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now