Talk

Advanced search

Urgently need fail safe (and tasty!) gluten free biscuit or pudding recipe pls

(9 Posts)
Strikingclock Wed 05-Oct-16 11:02:25

Hello. I have a friend coming for (casual) "picnic" type lunch tomorrow who is providing the main course and I want to provide the pudding. She has a gluten intolerance.

Does anyone know of a fail-safe recipe for gluten-free (ideally) biscuits or brownies or some such please?

I did do a search but the only suitable recipe I found was one that used rice flour and I am not sure I can get my hands on that this afternoon.

paap1975 Wed 05-Oct-16 11:03:39

Orange and almond polenta cake. Google for recipes

Strikingclock Wed 05-Oct-16 11:03:41

Btw if any of you are in to gluten free baking, pls vsit my thread here.

FlouncingIntoAutumn Wed 05-Oct-16 11:04:14

Meringues are my fail safe.

InTheDessert Wed 05-Oct-16 11:06:21

brownies which my gluten free friend raves about.

Strikingclock Wed 05-Oct-16 11:10:48

Oh yes, should have thought of almond/polenta cakes of course! Thanks! And meringues too!

Will keep those in mind for the future but I think brownies might be more suitable on this occasion.

Thank you for your suggestions! I will be buying the ingreds later today for baking tonight so keep them rolling in!

CMOTDibbler Wed 05-Oct-16 11:15:55

The Doves Farm gf brownies are super easy, and you can easily get the Doves Farm gf flour

Strikingclock Wed 05-Oct-16 11:30:41

Thanks, the Doves Farm recipes does look good (don't live in UK though so not sure if Doves available here, will look).

Lovely as the Nigella brownies are, I think the Doves ones are possibly more "picknicky". (Will reserve the other recipe for when she comes to supper!)

NeverEverAnythingEver Wed 05-Oct-16 12:04:02

Biscuits/cookies are quite forgiving and you could try any blend of gluten-free flour if you don't have Doves farm.

Can't speak for brownies though ...

Another gluten-free thing I make is rocky road type chocolate fridge cake thing. Just buy gluten free biscuits if you want a crunch in your chocolate bars. wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now