Recipe of apple cookies

(1 Post)
kellyz2 Fri 26-Aug-16 11:15:55

I have recently made apple cookies for breakfast and everyone loves it. It was a nice start for the day. All kids love cookies and I think this can be given to them in the morning as breakfast. This cookie includes oats, milk, and fresh apples. I will just share the recipe here. Just give it a try.
Ingredients :
2 cups (500 mL) quick-cooking rolled oats
1 1/2 cups (375 mL) whole wheat flour
2 tsp (10 mL) ground cinnamon
1 1/2 tsp (7 ml) baking powder
3/4 cup (175 mL) brown sugar
2 eggs
1 cup (250 mL) 1% milk
1/4 cup (50 mL) vegetable oil
1 tsp (5mL) vanilla
1 1/2 cups (375 mL) finely chopped apples (about 1 large)

Directions :
Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C) with racks in top and bottoms thirds of oven. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper. In a large bowl, whisk together oats, flour, cinnamon and baking powder. In another bowl, whisk together sugar, eggs, milk, oil and vanilla. Pour over dry ingredients and sprinkle with apples; stir until just blended. Drop batter by 1/4 cup (50 mL) for each cookie onto prepared baking sheets at least 2 inches (5 cm) apart. Bake for about 15 minutes, switching pans on racks halfway, or until a tester inserted in the centre comes out clean. Let cool on pans on racks for 2 minutes, then transfer to racks to cool completely.

Prep. Time: 15 min.
Cook Time: 10-15 min.
Refrigeration Time: 15 min.
Makes: 20 cookies
Source : www.physiomed.ca/blog/healthy-eating-recipes/yummy-apple-breakfast-cookies/

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now