Talk

Advanced search

Best large volume (3 dozen) non-chocolate biscuits/cupcake recipes please

(6 Posts)
Terramirabilis Wed 06-Apr-16 22:02:17

I have agreed to make the desserts for a thank you party for our interns next week. There will be about 35-40 people there.

I want to offer a couple of options and am already planning to make Mary Berry's florentines which we have made before with success.

Anyone have a good recipe for some kind of biscuit or individual cakes I can make that aren't chocolate and are pretty guaranteed to turn out well? Time is not an issue as I happen to have the day before off work.

annandale Wed 06-Apr-16 22:11:47

Meringues, if you have at least a hand blender? They take a bit of transporting, but you could do small meringues and sandwich pairs of them with whipped cream?

e.g. for 60 small meringues, 10 oz caster sugar and 5 eggs. Preheat the oven to 145 centigrade and prepare baking trays with greaseproof paper or silicon liners. Separate the ten eggs and put the yolks in the fridge to throw away in a few days Beat the whites in a large bowl until soft peaks form. Add the sugar about a quarter at a time a spoon at a time, beating it in until the mixture is glossy and stiff. Using two dessertspoons, take a spoonful of mixture and push it onto the tray with the other spoon. Continue until all formed. Bake for about 45 minutes. When cool, stick pairs of meringues together with whipped double cream.

HelenaJustina Wed 06-Apr-16 22:14:08

Use the yolks to make ice-cream...

tb Sat 18-Jun-16 13:23:39

Make some ordinary small cakes - you can get square waxed paper containers that can go in the oven.

Once out of the oven and cooled, scoop out a little hollow in the top of the cake with a teaspoon and replace with a little lemon curd.

Whisk egg whites until stiff, fold in a little castor sugar whisk again and fold in some more sugar. Pipe to cover top of cakes and then blow torch to colour.

Lemon meringue cup cakes!

DrowningOnSchoolRun Sat 18-Jun-16 15:48:45

Mary Berry's vanilla cupcakes are my go to recipe for cupcakes - makes 12 -14 from the batter so you can just scale it up.

I've recently been experimenting with freezing and the cup cakes taste lovely and soft/fresh so you could make in advance and just ice on your day off.

I know you said not chocolate, but brownies might go down well - I use baking mad website's mini chewy ones and just cut in big pieces. They freeze well too.

Good luck!

FlukeSkyeRunner Sat 18-Jun-16 16:49:39

Flapjacks. Easy peasy and everyone loves them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now