Talk

Advanced search

Your best 'cornflake' cake recipe please

(7 Posts)
ridingsixwhitehorses Mon 14-Mar-16 18:12:04

Actually I have shredded wheat to make Easter nests with mini eggs in the middle. But same thing really.

I have chocolate, cocoa, butter, golden syrup. Which combination of these things do I need on what quantities to get really nice cornflake cakes that hold together and are chcolatey?
Thanks

INeedSomeHelp Mon 14-Mar-16 18:14:38

This is one of those things where you just have to chuck it all in! My mum always used to make them with rice crispies and added sultanas which makes them extra chewy. I think you always need less cocoa powder then you expect - I'm always surprised when it does cover all the cereal.

hugoagogo Mon 14-Mar-16 18:18:33

I only ever use chocolate and the cereal- syrup, butter and so on just makes them too crumbly ime.

PennyDropt Mon 14-Mar-16 18:19:53

I only use chocolate (Cadburys) as the other stuff makes them too sweet and sickly.

BuzzLightyearsHoneyBun Mon 14-Mar-16 18:27:04

I like ten with just chocolate and raisins or with a spon of syrup and chocolate. Melted mars bars also work well

kittentits Mon 14-Mar-16 18:31:15

I only use just chocolate and cereal. Best way. Occasionally add a hefty dollop of peanut butter which is delicious!

BuzzLightyearsHoneyBun Mon 14-Mar-16 19:41:31

Just seen I typed "ten" instead of "them" though to be fair I will eat at least 10!
Peanut butter is a good tip!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now