Talk

Advanced search

Dr Who party ideas would be most welcome

(13 Posts)
BoffinMum Fri 04-Mar-16 18:42:02

After cocking up big time with DS1's 18th birthday party cake, which was attempted three times to no avail and the subject of a thread on here, I am nervously inching towards DS3's Dr Who party and wondering how to make a cake for that. And other stuff. Does anyone have ideas? They apparently used to do a mould for a dalek cake in Lakeland but alas that is discontinued.

Scootergrrrl Sun 13-Mar-16 12:14:23

Hopefully this isn't too late! I made DD an adipose birthday cake which was dead easy. It was a Victoria sponge layered with jam, then coated in buttercream and topped with adipose (what's the plural of adipose? Adiposes? Adiposi?) each made from one large white marshmallow with four mini marshmallows for arms and legs and a little face drawn on in edible pen.

SwivelOnYourRedChair Sun 13-Mar-16 12:17:50

no id

SwivelOnYourRedChair Sun 13-Mar-16 12:18:37

sorry!
no idea about the cake, but you definitely have to have fish fingers and custard actually really nice

BoffinMum Tue 15-Mar-16 15:31:13

That sounds pretty scary actually.

Katymac Tue 15-Mar-16 15:34:00

How big?

A deepish pudding basin shaved down would work with coloured icing on the bottom half with brown smarties as blobs & matchmakers/cut down flake and the egg whisk and the pointer thingie

Or a lovely rectangular cake as the TARDIS

Katymac Tue 15-Mar-16 15:36:19

few bits here

Katymac Tue 15-Mar-16 15:38:21

here

& the lakeland site has a how to decorate guide

ghostoftheMNchicken Tue 15-Mar-16 15:39:40

It looks like the Dalek cake mould is still available on Amazon or eBay.

scarf-related games? Pass the Parcel using scarves as wrapping paper? Bulldog but the people in the middle are actually Cybermen (with masks provided).

Katymac Tue 15-Mar-16 15:41:30

Pin the tail on the Silurian/K9?

Musical Statures with Weeping Angels?

iklboo Tue 15-Mar-16 15:41:57

Find The Doctor - hide pics of each doctor around your house / garden

Pin the plunger on the dalek

BoffinMum Wed 16-Mar-16 17:54:13

Thanks for all these.

DS3 (6) just said 'We can play pin the Davros'

I said 'How would that work?'

He said 'Just stick a pin in Davros'

I think he hasn't quite got how this works grin

iklboo Wed 16-Mar-16 18:57:34

Pin the third eye on the Davros? grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now