Talk

Advanced search

cake recipes you can just bung in bowl and mix

(4 Posts)
ridingsixwhitehorses Mon 22-Feb-16 22:52:43

So I have three recipes so far where you can just put everything in one bowl and mix it before baking. Four if you include fairy cakes. They are Mary Berry's Victoria sandwich, Mary Berry's chocolate sandwich and Nigella's sticky orange cake. Looking for more to keep my toddlers happy while also looking after baby - anything more complex impossible at moment.Any recommendations?

ErgonomicallyUnsound Mon 22-Feb-16 23:00:36

Mary Berrys lemon drizzle traybake

Google "all in one" cakes

VertigoNun Mon 22-Feb-16 23:01:53

There was one on This Morning, today. It was a gluten free orange cake.

SoftSheen Mon 22-Feb-16 23:04:26

Flapjacks and brownies pretty much meet your criteria, though you would need to melt the butter (which can be done in microwave).

You could also try making some gingerbread or biscuit dough and letting them cut out lots of shapes, which can then be iced and decorated after baking.

Not exactly a cake, but I have found one of the best things to cook with toddlers is a fruit crumble. They are naturally inclined to put their hands in the bowl and squidge everything which is perfect for rubbing the butter into the flour and sugar. Then just bung the crumble on top of some raw fruit (plums, apricots, pears, blueberries, thinly sliced raw apple etc) and bake.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now