Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Victoria sponge disaster!

(12 Posts)
Whoami24601 Fri 19-Feb-16 15:44:55

Despite being a seasoned baker, I have managed to completely mess up a simple Victoria sponge blush one of the layers just hadn't cooked in the middle at all. Remaking is not an option, but I do need it, so I've cut out the uncooked bit (see pic). What can I do now with it to make it seem like it was totally intentional? I need your ingenious ideas!

Xmasbaby11 Fri 19-Feb-16 15:47:53

Ring later goes on top. Fill it with sweets.

Or cut out hole in bottom layer too and pretend it's a ring cake.

Either way a lot of icing is needed!

Rikalaily Fri 19-Feb-16 15:54:54

I'd put the hole on top and fill with strawberries smile

GreenSand Fri 19-Feb-16 15:56:34

Ring on top, and fill with strawberries or sweets. Or just whipped cream???

Or, you can put the ring on the bottom, and when you cut it open, the treasure comes spilling out. Works best if your top layer can be cut in half to make a solid top and bottom layer.

speedyboots Fri 19-Feb-16 15:57:41

Make it into a surprise cake!

Pounamu Fri 19-Feb-16 15:57:44

yes I agree, a hidden treasure cake. Put the layer with the hole in it on the bottom, fill with treasure (fruit, sweets or whatever) and put the uncut layer on top, then ice the lot. Didn't someone on the Bake off for Sport Relief do that recently?

fififolle Fri 19-Feb-16 16:02:50

Sam cam did it on the bake off.
Surely you baked it like that on purpose wink

Whoami24601 Fri 19-Feb-16 16:04:24

Would that work with just two layers though? My other one could be cut in half, but it'd be pretty thin!

Whoami24601 Fri 19-Feb-16 17:09:29

And now I've burnt my chocolate loaf cake angry FFS!

MaureenMLove Fri 19-Feb-16 17:20:11

I think I'd turn it into a jammy dodger cake!

OurBlanche Fri 19-Feb-16 17:24:07

Cut a circle out of the unburned chocolate cake and pop that in the Viccy sponge hole.

Mind you, I'd make a Jammy Dodger cake out of the Viccy sponge and then make chocolate soil out of the saveable chocolate cake and serve it with warmed cherries (flambeed in Kirsch if no kids, soaked in orange juice if with kids) and creme fraiche or cream/ice cream... deconstructed Black Forest Gateau smile

Sallyhasleftthebuilding Fri 19-Feb-16 17:25:48

Now I want my dodgers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now